Roach Newton's attorneys have successfully tried many personal injury cases and obtained favorable settlements in many more.
- Represented a major tire manufacturer in a wrongful death suit arising from a car accident. Per the plaintiff, a tire allegedly disengaged from a vehicle while at highway speeds. The trial took place in District Court, Jefferson County, and the jury found for our client, resulting in a take nothing judgment.
- Represented a major car manufacturer against allegations of defective designs and warnings. The plaintiff was rendered a paraplegic when she lost control of her car while driving. The jury found for the client on all allegations of fault, resulting in a take nothing judgment.
- Represented a motor coach leveling system manufacturer in a wrongful death trial. The plaintiffs alleged the leveling system was defectively manufactured, designed, and marketed. The jury returned a verdict in favor of the client, resulting in a take nothing judgment.
- Represented a family after their father and husband was killed in a car accident due to negligently placed street signs. The case was tried in the District Court of Jefferson County and the jury found for the client, awarding them substantial damages.
- Represented a major truck manufacturer in multiple cases. In one case, tried in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, our attorneys defended the manufacturer against a wrongful death suit. In this case, it was alleged that the company’s trucks were defectively manufactured, designed and marketed. A jury returned a verdict in favor of our client, resulting in a take nothing verdict. In another case, tried in the District Court of Sabine County, Texas, our attorneys represented the same client against allegations that its trucks’ cabs were not crash-worthy. This case settled for a fraction of the amount claimed as damages.
- Represented a Texas county and its sheriff’s deputy in a negligence action. During a high speed chase, the plaintiff was rendered a quadriplegic. The court granted both the County and Deputy a summary judgment, resulting in a take nothing judgment.
- Represented a chemical tire sealants manufacturer against allegations of grossly deficient warnings and instructions. A tire mechanic lost both legs and an arm when the sealant exploded while he was repairing a punctured tire. The jury awarded the plaintiff a small fraction of the damages alleged in the suit.
- Represented the American parent company of a Mexican maquiladora after a bus crash in which 12 workers were killed and 14 people severely injured. After a two-week trial, the client favorably settled the case with the families of the deceased and injured workers.
- Defended an international paper company in several catastrophic injury and property damages cases. One case was against allegations of premises liability in a catastrophic injury case. After the first trial resulted in a hung jury, the second verdict was for a fraction of amount claimed by plaintiff. In another case, our attorneys represented the company in a wrongful death case stemming from alleged premises defects. After motions for summary judgment were filed and argued, the case settled for nuisance value.
- Represented an international chemical company against allegations of premises liability in a wrongful death action. The case settled for a fraction of the amount claimed as damages after arguments on the client’s motion for summary judgment. The case was heard in the District Court of Jefferson County by Judge Mickey Sheffield.
- Represented a utility company against allegations of improper line placement and failure to warn. The plaintiff was rendered a triple amputee when the boom of his drilling truck struck an overhead power line. The case favorably settled shortly before jury selection.