Led by longtime insurance coverage and Chambers-listed practitioners Randy Roach and Robert Cunningham, Roach Newton has a depth of policyholder insurance coverage experience. Roach Newton's attorneys also have insurance experience specific to environmental cases.
- Defense of an excess insurer in a suit by a primary insurer seeking to recoup money paid by the primary insurer in excess of its policy limits, resulting in a nuisance-value post-trial settlement after the majority of primary insurer’s claims were dismissed.
- Representation of a casualty insurer in a large property damage subrogation claim arising from damages to an offshore drilling platform.
- Defended a corporation accused of unlawfully dumping toxic waste, resulting in a take nothing directed verdict, before United States Magistrate Judge Earl Hines in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented a manufacturer of asbestos-containing products in multiple trials in the Eastern District of Texas before Judges Joe J. Fisher and Robert M. Parker.
- Represented a major oil refinery in a two toxic exposure cases. Both settled favorably.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a major paper company accused of negligently discharging toxic gas.
- Obtained favorable settlements in a series of cases against several automotive and heavy truck brake shoes manufacturer accused of defectively manufacturing, designing and marketing products.